Photograph with an exterior view of Longan School located at the northeast corner of 39th Street and Warwick Boulevard. It was named in 1911 in honor of George B. Longan, Assistant Superintendent of Schools. Before 1911, the school was named the Ward Public School. In 1932, the school at 601 Gillham Road became the George B. Longan School. This vantage point faces east-northeast from the northwest corner of Warwick and 39th.
3841 Warwick Boulevard
Kansas City, MO
Historical Street Name:
Other Versions of this Object:
Images and texts may be reproduced without prior permission only for purposes of temporary use, private study, scholarship, or research. Those using these images and texts assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and privacy that may arise.
Collection Title, Call or Box Number:
Kansas City, Missouri School District Records, SC23, Series II, Box 2, Folder 23, #1
Digital Object Identifier: