Postcard of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Temple Lot in Independence, Missouri. This vantage point faces northeast near the intersection of West Walnut Street and Temple Court. Pictured is the Stone Church (left) and the Hedrickite Church (center background).
Postcard view of the skyline of downtown Kansas City, looking north from 17th Street and showing Main Street (left, center). Pictured from building signs are the Jones Store; Duff & Repp; Vincent Hair, Dolls & Wigs; Hotel Main, and Warren D. House Patents, Models, Dies, Machine Shop.
Postcard looking west towards the Kansas City Municipal Airport passenger station at night.
Postcard facing east on 37th Street (currently Stadium Drive) in Leeds, Missouri (now part of Kansas City). The Renick greenhouse and flower shop and the Leeds horseshoeing shop are pictured.
Postcard of the passenger station at the Municipal Airport.
Postcard of spirea in bloom by a rustic bridge (likely over Brush Creek) in the Indian Hills neighborhood of Mission Hills, Kansas. The back of the postcard includes a letter J.C. Nichols Investment Company to Dr. Albert E. Jones of Kansas City. The letter reads: "Spring is lovely in Mission Hills and Indian Hills.
Postcard of Main Street Theater, built in 1921 at the southwest corner of 14th Street and Main Street. It was used for vaudeville and cinema and had a seating capacity of 3,000. A tunnel from the theater leading northwest to Hotel President was used by bootleggers fleeing law enforcement during Prohibition.
Postcard of the Kansas City-Smithville Race Track, once located east of Bridge Street and north of Little Platte River in Smithville, Missouri. The track was used for illegal betting for a brief period in the late 1920s.
Postcard of the Washington Monument pointing south at its original location near the center of Washington Square Park. This bronze equestrian statue is a replica of one designed by Henry Merwin Shrady for display in Brooklyn, New York. This vantage point faces west towards Union Station in the background.
Postcard of the M. K. Goetz Brewing Company, built in 1936 at the northeast corner of 17th Street and Indiana Avenue. The card promotes Goetz Country Club Beer, "Made in Kansas City".
Postcard of the Glennon Hotel at the northwest corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue. The hotel operated from 1920 to 1930 when it was razed and replaced by the Phillips Hotel. Harry S. Truman and Edward Jacobson operated their haberdashery, Truman & Jacobson, Inc., out of one of the ground floor units of the Glennon Hotel.
Postcard of the Music Hall in Municipal Auditorium.