19th Street

Displaying 13 - 24 of 48

Photograph of an abandoned building at the southwest corner of 19th Street and Vine Street in Kansas City, Missouri. The building used to house a Sam's Market and a shoe shining parlor.

Letter from Hugh Pendergast to Governor Guy Park asking that Jack Ford of Kansas City be admitted to medical school at the University of Missouri.

Employees of The Donnelly Garment Company inspecting newly created clothing in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

An employee of The Donnelly Garment Company creating embroidery on a Singer embroidery machine in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

An employee of The Donnelly Garment Company using a shirring machine in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

An employee of The Donnelly Garment Company using a double stitching machine in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

An employee of The Donnelly Garment Company using a double stitcher seam binding machine in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

An employee of The Donnelly Garment Company creating a new design for garments in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri.

A Donnelly Garment Company designer showing a sewing machine operator how to work with her original design.

Photograph of the notion (small items) department at The Donnelly Garment Company in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri. The employees in this photograph are measuring belts to be paired with garments.

Photograph of the receiving department at The Donnelly Garment Company in the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri. All raw materials are received and processed in this room on the third floor.

Photograph of the Corrigan Building at 1828 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri, occupied at the time by The Donnelly Garment Company beginning in 1928. This vantage point faces northeast on 19th Street from just east of Main Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY