Photograph looking east toward businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Clipping from the Kansas City Journal-Post on July 19, 1931 showing a photograph of James P. Aylward and his boyhood home. The accompanying article provides a brief account of Aylward's childhood. The house pictured was once located on the north side of 4th Street between Gillis Street and Frances Street.
1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking east with an unpaved Harrison Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street in the foreground and the intersection of Gillis Street and 4th Street in the center background. The four-story building to the right in the far background was located at 1050 East 5th Street.
1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking west-northwest with an unpaved 4th Street between Gillis Street and Harrison Street in the foreground and the intersection of 4th and Harrison in the left background. Houses along 3rd Street and Harrison are also shown in the background.
Photograph of city council meeting in the "old chambers" of City Hall at the northeast corner of 5th Street and Main Street. This photograph by Anderson Photo Studio, Kansas City, was taken prior to the completion of the new City Hall at 414 East 12th Street in 1937. Source: Bernard Ragan.