Columbus Park

Displaying 13 - 24 of 37
Genre: 
Maps

Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fifth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the west, 9th Street to the south, and Lydia Avenue to the east.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of small homes in Columbus Park at the base of the Missouri River bluffs.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of members of the Italian Supreme Intersocial Council of Kansas City. It consisted of members of several lodges and societies for the purpose of mutual aid to lodge and society members and the poor of the Holy Rosary parish. Seated first from left: Joe DiMaria; seated third from right: Tony Bivona; back row, fourth from left: Vito Monaco; in front: Victor Francis DeMaria.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Bishop Edwin V. O'Hara celebrating Mass with the congregation of Holy Rosary Catholic Church.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of homes in Columbus Park at the northwest corner of 4th Street (Linden Avenue) and Forest Avenue. 4th Street is shown receding into the left background.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of members of the Society of Saint Angelo de Licata. Most members were from Licata, Sicily and worshipped at Holy Rosary parish.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain". Other buildings in Columbus Park can be seen through the windows in the background.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking east with an unpaved Harrison Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street in the foreground and the intersection of Gillis Street and 4th Street in the center background. The four-story building to the right in the far background was located at 1050 East 5th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students posed around a donation box. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain". Other buildings in Columbus Park can be seen through the windows in the background.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking west-northwest with an unpaved 4th Street between Gillis Street and Harrison Street in the foreground and the intersection of 4th and Harrison in the left background. Houses along 3rd Street and Harrison are also shown in the background.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY