Elizabeth Benton Chapter, DAR

Displaying 1 - 12 of 23

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.

Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.

Photograph with full, front view of the first Jackson County courthouse located in Independence, Missouri. It is the oldest courthouse west of the Mississippi River.

Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.

Photograph with exterior, street view of the Harris House located at the northeast corner of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Pennsylvania Avenue. A truck and automobiles are visible in front. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the southeast corner of Westport Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Photograph of Grand Central Depot located at the southwest corner of 2nd and Wyandotte in Kansas City, Missouri. Sign on building reads "Friedman Bros. Wholesale Groceries". This vantage point faces north-northwest from the northeast corner of 3rd Street and Wyandotte Street.

Photograph with exterior, street view of the Harris House located at the northeast corner of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Pennsylvania Avenue. A truck and automobiles are visible in front. This vantage point faces north-from the southwest corner of Westport Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Photograph of the August Meyer Memorial located in the median of The Paseo, just north of 10th Street.

Photograph with full street level, exterior view of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the Daughters of Old Westport Memorial at the intersection of Broadway, Washington Street, and 40th Street.

Circa 1920 photograph with full, front view of the Harris (Kearney) House at its original location at Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces southeast from Westport Avenue just east of Main Street. The house was moved to 40th Street and Baltimore Avenue in 1922.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY