Independence Road

Displaying 1 - 6 of 6

Willard Mission

Photograph of children and adults posed outside of the Willard Mission, once located at 7032 Independence Road (renamed Wilson Avenue), between the Missouri Pacific Railroad and the defunct intersection of Wilson Road and Bristol Avenue. Insert photograph is identified as Supt. Mrs. S. E. Pendergass. The mission was operated by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union and was razed by 1925.

Independence Road (Wilson Avenue) Looking West

Circa 1925 photograph looking west on Independence Road (presently Wilson Avenue) from just east of its intesection with Wheeling Avenue. Pictured is the Kansas City Terminal Railway (left), and the Huttig Mill Work Company (center).

Independence Road (Wilson Avenue) Looking Northeast

Circa 1925 photograph looking northeast on Independence Road (presently Wilson Avenue) from just west of its intesection with Wheeling Avenue. Pictured is the Burdett Manufacturing Company (left), the Congregation Tefares Israel Jewish Cemetery (left background), and the Kansas City Terminal Railway (right).

Independence Road (Wilson Avenue) at Wheeling Avenue

Circa 1925 photograph looking east at the intersection of Independence Road (presently Wilson Avenue) and Wheeling Avenue. Pictured is a train on the Kansas City Terminal Railway.

City Ice Company, Plant No. 3

Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 3, Sheffield, built in 1912 and remodeled in 1927-28. It was located at 7401 Independence Road (now the south side of Wilson Road just east of Blue River).

Aerial View of Blue River Industrial Area

Photograph with an aerial view of the industrial area looking south along the Blue River. Streets shown include Independence Road (presently Wilson Road) (foreground), Independence Avenue (center), and 12th Street (background). Ford Motor Company (right background) and the American Radiator Company (center background) are also pictured.