Kansas City School District

Displaying 1 - 12 of 73

Circa 1930 photograph of students and a teacher on a double-decker bus parked outside of the Woodland Public School, located on the north side of 8th Street between Woodland Avenue and Euclid Avenue. This vantage point faces southwest from near the south-facing southwest entrance to the school.

Photograph with full, exterior street level view of "Madison School for the Deaf & Dumb", once located at the northeast corner of 29th Street and Wyandotte Street. It was named after U.S. President James Madison.

Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northeast from the south side of 47th just east of Holly.

Photograph with an interior view of children in the Troost School kindergarten room.

Photograph of Miss McBee's students of Woodland Public School, posed outside the south-facing southwest entrance to the school.

Photograph of Northeast Junior High School, located at on the south side of Thompson Avenue between Chelsea Avenue and Brighton Avenue. This vantage point faces north-northeast on the east side of Chelsea Avenue just north of Independence Avenue.

Photograph of students inside a classroom attending a "reading clinic summer session" at the Kansas City Teacher's College. The building is located on the north side of 8th Street between Woodland Avenue and Euclid Avenue (this portion of 8th Street is defunct).

Circa 1939 photograph of Yeager School kindergarten students participating in a mock zoo. The Yeager School was located at the northwest corner of Indiana Avenue and 19th Street.

Photograph of unidentified Woodland Public School students posed at the west-facing southwestern entrance to the school. One child is holding a banner which says "Savings Banner Room."

Photograph with a full, exterior street level view of Norman School; named after Joseph L. Norman, President of the Board of Education and member of the Board for 16 years. This vantage point faces northeast from the southwest corner of 36th Street and Summit Street.

Photograph of the Thacher School, once located at the northwest corner of Independence Avenue and Quincy Avenue. It was named for Major Luin E. Thacher, an early member of the school board. This vantage point faces north-northeast from the southwest corner of Independence Avenue and Brighton Avenue.

Circa 1939 photograph of Yeager School kindergarten students participating in a mock zoo. The Yeager School was located at the northwest corner of Indiana Avenue and 19th Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY