Kansas City

Displaying 73 - 84 of 1829

Photograph with full, exterior street level view of "Madison School for the Deaf & Dumb", once located at the northeast corner of 29th Street and Wyandotte Street. It was named after U.S. President James Madison.

Photograph with full, street level view of Switzer School, located at 1829 Madison Avenue. It was named for Henry Switzer, Secretary of the Board of Education from 1875 to 1880. This vantage point faces east-northeast from just west of Madison Avenue between 18th Street and 20th Streeet.

Photograph with an interior view of children seated around the library table and viewing an aquarium with their teacher at the Greenwood School kindergarten. The students are all identified on a separate sheet accompanying the photograph. The teacher is identified as Miss Dorothy Tustin.

Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 47th and Jarboe.

Program for the ninth annual musical and physical exhibition for Lincoln High School at Convention Hall. Events include music, games, stunts, military exhibitions, dances, and a play, "Depicting the Evolution of Negro Music."

Photograph of Northeast Junior High School, located at on the south side of Thompson Avenue between Chelsea Avenue and Brighton Avenue. This vantage point faces north-northeast on the east side of Chelsea Avenue just north of Independence Avenue.

Photograph of the Swope School, once located at the northeast corner of Cleveland Avenue and 55th Street. It was named after Thomas H. Swope. This vantage point faces northeast from the northeast corner of Cleveland and 55th.

Photograph of children watching a young girl perform an imitation organ in the Scarritt School kindergarten class.

Photograph of children and two adults in a playground on the balcony of the Woodland Public School, located on the north side of 8th Street between Woodland Avenue and Euclid Avenue. This vantage point faces east and shows the south frontage of the building to the left.

Program for "Building a Life", an event honoring Hugh O. Cook on May 5, 1940 in Lincoln High School Auditorium. It documents Cook's accomplishments and affiliations as well as provides a list of events and committee members.

Photograph with caption, "Standing in front of the bath house of Karnes School are 135 boys in their first communion class in 1919. Most of the boys attended Karnes." The school was located south of Pacific Street between Missouri Avenue and Independence Avenue and between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.

Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northeast from the south side of 47th just east of Holly.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY