Kansas City

Displaying 97 - 108 of 1829

Photograph of the Troost Avenue School, once located at the northwest corner of 60th Street and Troost Avenue. It was named after Dr. Benoist Troost, an early Kansas City physician. This building was no longer used as the Troost School after the 1922-1923 school year.

Circa 1939 photograph of Yeager School kindergarten students participating in a mock zoo. The Yeager School was located at the northwest corner of Indiana Avenue and 19th Street.

Photograph of unidentified Woodland Public School students posed at the west-facing southwestern entrance to the school. One child is holding a banner which says "Savings Banner Room."

Photograph with a distant exterior view of the Morse Public School, showing students outside with playground equipment and playing a game of baseball. The school was named after S. F. B. Morse, American inventor. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the northeast corner of 21st Street and Charlotte Street.

Photograph of the Mark Twain Public School, once located on the north side of 60th Street between Swope Parkway and Jackson Avenue. This vantage point faces northeast from the property at 3825 East 60th Street.

Photograph with an exterior street level view of Sanford B. Ladd School located on the north side of 37th Street, between Bellefontaine Avenue to Walrond Avenue (Benton Boulevard). It was named after the attorney for the school board for more than 40 years. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of Benton and 37th.

Photograph identified as, "Fairies, brownies, flowers, sunbonnet babes and overall boys, from Grades 3, 4 & 5, Woodland School playing in the operetta "On Midsummer's Day", May 10, 1928."

Circa 1940 photograph with an interior view of students at Meservey School kindergarten. The children are playing as Kansas City Fire Department fire personnel.

Photograph of the Van Horn School, located to the east of the intersection of 37th Street and Wyoming Street. The school was named for Robert T. Van Horn, early Kansas City pioneer.

Photograph of the Sanford B. Ladd School students attending to the school garden. This vantage point faces northwest from atop the southwest corner of the original Ladd School building (before the 1922 addition). The houses at 3624, 3626, and 3630 Bellefontaine Avenue are pictured to the left.

Photograph identified as, "Operetta "On Midsummer's Day", Finale - Act II - Grades 1-5: Inclusive, Woodland School - May 10, 1928."

Photograph a distant exterior view of the Milton Moore School located on the south side of 31st Street between Cypress Avenue and Elmwood Avenue. It was named for Col. Milton Moore, a member of the Board of Education. This vantage point faces north-northeast from the northeast corner of Linwood Boulevard and Cypress Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY