Photograph with caption, "Main Street at 41st, looking north showing the proposed diagonal connection with Brookside Boulevard and new 60 foot roadway as fixed by recent condemnation." The photograph's annotations label streets and show proposed road improvements.
Circa 1940 photograph of buyers and sellers at the outdoor stalls of the Farmers' Market in the City Market. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the Muehlebach Brewery in the far right background.
Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast.
Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast, including the ASB Bridge.
Circa 1925 photograph of a streetcar at the intersection of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces west from the south side of 15th Street, just east of its intersection with Main Street.
Circa 1925 photograph looking west on the south side of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) between Main Street and Walnut Street.
Circa 1940 photograph with a rooftop view of the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Main Street in the City Market.
Postcard of the Washington Monument pointing south at its original location near the center of Washington Square Park. This bronze equestrian statue is a replica of one designed by Henry Merwin Shrady for display in Brooklyn, New York. This vantage point faces west towards Union Station in the background.
Postcard of the baggage area at Union Station, currently used by the United States Postal Service. This vantage point faces east-northeast with Union Station in the background.
Postcard of the American Legion Fountain that was once at 9th and Main streets, later relocated to the Budd Park Esplanade at Van Brunt Boulevard and Anderson Avenue. This vantage point faces north and shows Main Street north of 9th Street. Also pictured is the Westgate Hotel to the left.
Postcard view of the skyline of downtown Kansas City, looking north from 17th Street and showing Main Street (left, center). Pictured from building signs are the Jones Store; Duff & Repp; Vincent Hair, Dolls & Wigs; Hotel Main, and Warren D. House Patents, Models, Dies, Machine Shop.
Postcard of Main Street Theater, built in 1921 at the southwest corner of 14th Street and Main Street. It was used for vaudeville and cinema and had a seating capacity of 3,000. A tunnel from the theater leading northwest to Hotel President was used by bootleggers fleeing law enforcement during Prohibition.