Antique well-head originally from Barcelona, standing in the lounge. It concealed a drinking fountain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
Halloween decorations on the Plaza, showing the shack of the Plaza Witch who would read your future for free. This picture was taken looking south at the southwest corner of Alameda Road and Central Street. This shack was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building. The J. C. Nichols Company Building is shown in the background.
Most any morning about 8:30 found Mr. J. C. Nichols entering the office at 310 Ward Parkway. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.
Group of men and women celebrating at the 1936 Country Club Plaza Fiesta. Among those pictured are Ike Smith, manager of Park Lane Hotel; William. J. Crawford; Edward Tanner; Lucy Drage; Katherine Page; Mary McGavran; Charlotte Crane; and Hazel B. Clough.
A trash collection truck provided by the Country Club District Homes Associations, parked outside of George H. Welsh Motors at 420 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Broadway Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue.