Early picture of the 51st Street shopping center, the first business development built by J. C. Nichols Company. At time of photograph, the Country Club Grocery Co. Meat Market took up residence in this building. Located on the northeast corner of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street, this building was better known by 1925 as part of the Colonial Shops.
Groups of carolers traveled around the Country Club District on Christmas Eve. The J. C. Nichols Company furnished the hayracks and teams of carolers. This vantage point faces north towards the Country Club Coffee Shop at the Colonial Shops on 51st Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street.
Exterior of Colonial Shops at 51st Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street, showing one automobile parked out front. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.
An autochrome photograph of Broadway/Wornall Bridge across Brush Creek and the apartments near the Country Club Plaza, including the Locarno, the Riviera, and the Casa Loma. This vantage point faces east from just west of the bridge.