Cresswell's

Displaying 73 - 84 of 98

Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of Western Ice Service Company, Plant No. 123; located at 12th and Iron streets in North Kansas City, Missouri. Built in 1921, purchased in 1927. This vantage point faces southwest from the east side of Iron Avenue between 12th Avenue and 13th Avenue.

Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of Western Ice Service Company, Plant No. 125; built in 1911 and located at the western corner of 42nd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the east side of Pennsylvania Avenue between Archibald Avenue and 42nd Street.

Circa 1932 photograph with full side view of City Ice House Company Oil and Ice Station A-1; located in Overland Park, Kansas. This station also sold Red Crown gasoline.

Circa 1932 photograph showing a fleet of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery trucks parked at Plant No. 1; located at 21st and Campbell streets. Identifying information says: "Walker Electrics. The Company owns Walker trucks in 12, 20 and 36-cake sizes. These are used on routes."

Circa 1932 photograph with side view of a City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery truck described as "six-wheel, 63-cake Diamond T., used as transfer truck." The truck is parked outside of the Locust Street entrance of General Hospital with two unidentified people.

Circa 1932 photograph with side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery truck. Described as "Chevrolet truck with insulated body used for delivery of ice cubes.

Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927.

Photograph of the unidentified participants at the South Central Business Association Inaugural Dinner Dance and 17th Annual Frolic at the Hotel Bellerive. Garrett L. Smalley is listed as the ex-president of the organization and Herbert T. Hilscher as the president.

Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 53, built in 1919. It was located on the west side of Oak Street between 48th Street and 49th Street. This property was situated just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location.

Circa 1925 photograph of the Mount Washington Methodist Episcopal Church, South located at the northwest corner of Arlington Avenue and Independence Avenue in present-day Independence, Missouri.

Photograph of Henry F. McElroy, Jr. and Eleanor Beach, daughter of Kansas City Mayor Albert I. Beach, christening "The Kansas City", a Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT) Ford Tri-Motor airplane, by pouring water from the Missouri River upon the propeller at Municipal Airport.

Photograph of a portable lighting system truck used to illuminate Kansas City Monarchs baseball games at night. It features a 40-foot pole and six 1,000-watt bulbs.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY