Williams Photo Studio

Displaying 1 - 12 of 32

Photograph of an outside dining area behind Black Hawk Barbecue restaurant.

Mid-1920s photograph of the Eblon Theater Orchestra with drummer Samuel "Baby" Lovett (far left) and musical director & ragtime composer James Scott (second from right).

Panoramic photograph of the Paseo Y.M.C.A. men's bible study class.

Lincoln Theatre group photo of employees, ca. 1926. The Lincoln Theatre was once located at the northwest corner of 18th Street and Lydia Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. Source: Lawrence Denton.

1927 photograph of the Lincoln Theatre exterior, with staff posed in front. Advertisements for "The Strange Case of Captain Ramper" are displayed on the front of the theatre. The Lincoln Theatre was once located at the northwest corner of 18th Street and Lydia Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. Source: Lawrence Denton.

Photograph of the residence of Rev. Samuel W. and L. Jeanetta Bacote, once located at 2210 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west on Kansas Avenue between 22nd Street and 23nd Street. Pictured is Rev. S. W. Bacote watering his lawn and trees.

Photograph of the Lincoln High School Class of 1933 posed outside of the main entrance to the school. Lincoln High School was once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north 19th Street just east of Tracy Avenue.

Corner view of a multistorey brick building

Photograph of the segregated Lincoln High School, once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Tracy and 19th.

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School (right) and Lincoln High School (left). Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Photograph of the residence of Judge Calaway, located at 2546 Michigan Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west-northwest on Michigan Avenue just north of 26th Street.

Photograph of the R. T. Coles Vocational School Class of 1937 posed outside of the main entrance to the school. R. T. Coles Vocational and Junior High School opened in the old Lincoln High School building at the northeast corner of 19th Street and Tracy Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri, for the 1936/1937 academic year.

Photograph of the doctors of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the southeastern entrance to the hospital.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY