Williams Photo Studio

Displaying 13 - 24 of 32
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the residence of Anna H. Jones, located at 2444 Montgall Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west on Montgall Avenue, just north of 25th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School (right) and Lincoln High School (left). Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the residence of Rev. Samuel W. and L. Jeanetta Bacote, once located at 2210 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west on Kansas Avenue between 22nd Street and 23nd Street. Pictured is Rev. S. W. Bacote watering his lawn and trees. Samuel Bacote was the pastor of Second Baptist Church, one of the oldest and largest black churches in Kansas City.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the residence of Judge Calaway, located at 2546 Michigan Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west-northwest on Michigan Avenue just north of 26th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the R. T. Coles Vocational School Class of 1937 posed outside of the main entrance to the school. R. T. Coles Vocational and Junior High School opened in the old Lincoln High School building at the northeast corner of 19th Street and Tracy Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri, for the 1936/1937 academic year. The school offered a junior high curriculum to ninth grade students and trades, including domestic and mechanical arts, to tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students. This vantage point faces north 19th Street just east of Tracy Avenue.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the doctors of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the southeastern entrance to the hospital.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School. Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north from just west of the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the former residence of the deceased Professor Riel William Foster, once located at 1215 The Paseo, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces east on The Paseo between 12th Street and 13th Street. Foster was the principal of the Douglass School from 1886-1912 and then the Wendell Phillips School until his death in 1916.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Wheatley-Provident Hospital Auxiliary, No. 1 posing outside of the main entrance to the hospital on the western side of Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest towards the main entrance. Standing, reading from left to right are: Mesdames James Csborne, Robert Eggleston, J. O. Morrison, Miss Elsie M. Mountain, Mesdames Fred Johnson, H. O. Williams, John Davis, Nellie E. Young, Joe E. Herriford, Sr., Don Rife, M. H. Tompkins, Louis Manuel, C. H. Adkins, Eva M. Fox.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the residence of L. E. Bailer, once located at 919 Woodland Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces east on Woodland Avenue between 9th Street and 10th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of nurses holding degrees outside of the main entrance to the Wheatley-Provident Hospital, located on the western side of Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west towards the main entrance.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Niles' Home for Orphan children, an orphanage for African-American children, located on the south side of 23rd Street between Michigan Avenue and Brooklyn Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. The orphanage is celebrating the birthday of Franklin D. Roosevelt on January 30, 1937.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY