The Black Archives of Mid-America

Displaying 121 - 131 of 131

This photograph was taken looking northeast on 12th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Washington Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri.

This photograph was taken looking south on The Paseo just north of 45th Street in Kansas City, Missouri.

A document details the circulation statistics of the Kansas City American for the 8-month period ending in August 31, 1933. It shows patrons in five surrounding states including Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

This photograph was taken looking east on 15th Street (now Truman Road) just west of Poplar Street. Billboard posters for Benzo-Gas and Milky Way are shown.

Photograph of the Wheatley-Provident Hospital Dedication on Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street at 2:30 pm on September 29, 1918. This vantage point faces northwest on Forest Avenue from just 19th Street. Downtown Kansas City, Missouri is pictured in the far background.

This photograph was taken looking west on 8th Street from just east of Flora Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. Pictured is the Munford Court Apartments on the far left, the Flora Market at 1520 East 8th Street on the right, and a billboard for Milky Way chocolate bars on the far right.

Photograph of the residence of J. H. Bryant, once located at 2407 Highland Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces east on Highland Avenue, just south of 24th Street.

Portrait photograph of jazz singer Myra Taylor, taken by the Studna-Sims-Millard photo studio in the late 1930s or early 1940s.

Photograph of the the Industrial Arts Class at Lincoln High School, once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri.

This photograph was taken looking west on 31st Street just west of Gillham Road in Kansas City, Missouri.

Architectural drawing depicting a rendering created by J. M. Felt & Company Architects of a new church for the Vine Street Baptist Church, Kansas City, Missouri. This draft was created shortly before 1931 when this new building was completed and the church was renamed Paseo Baptist Church.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY