Catholic Diocese of Kansas City–St. Joseph

Displaying 37 - 48 of 111

Letter from the priests of the Holy Rosary Church to Edwin V. O'Hara, Bishop of Kansas City. The priests express concern that affixing boundary lines to Kansas City parishes would be a detriment to the future of the Holy Rosary Church in Columbus Park.

Photograph of opera singer Laurence Pierot posed with the choir of the Holy Cross Parish in front of the church after Mass. Pictured, front row: Mary Maloney, Mrs. J. Reed, Elizabeth Watson, Mary Frances Coughlan, Mrs. J. Cronin, Mrs. Durbin, Helen Fallaschek; second row: Edgar J. Keating, Alice Gerhart, Mrs.

Photograph of members of the Italian Supreme Intersocial Council of Kansas City. It consisted of members of several lodges and societies for the purpose of mutual aid to lodge and society members and the poor of the Holy Rosary parish.

Letter from Thomas F. Lillis, Bishop of the Kansas City Diocese, to Very Reverand Father Urban Fruendt, O.F.M. Lillis asks if Fruendt can provide him with a priest that can speak Spanish to lead the congregation of Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church. Lillis then provides details about the position.

Photograph of the first confirmation in 1927 in front of the original rectory of St. Peter's, Kansas City, Missouri. Bishop Thomas F. Lillis is present and pictured. This vantage point faces east towards the old rectory at the southeast corner of Holmes Street and Meyer Boulevard.

Photograph of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Choir at their second annual concert at Shubert Theatre on June 2, 1922.

Photograph of members of Boy Scouts Troop 80, taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act as pictured.

Photograph of graduates of St. James Grade School. Monsignor John W. Keyes, pastor of St. James is pictured along with Rose Muser (5th from right).

Photograph of Nicholas Madgey, Francis Ruyssers, Joseph Ruyssers, and Henry Ruyssers (left to right) standing by the Ruyssers family Model T Ford. Motor cars were rare in the Holy Cross parish and with few automobile laws, Henry Ruyssers could drive his siblings and friends around the neighborhood even though he was in grade school.

Mid-1920's photograph of St. Peter's Church (left) and Rectory (right) on the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street. This original corrugated iron church building was known by the congregation as the "Tin Cathedral".

Invitation in English and German to the Golden Jubilee of St. Mary's Altar Society of St. Peter and Pauls Parish on November 7, 1920. The parish was located at the southwest corner of 9th Street and McGee Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of Bishop Thomas F. Lillis after the ceremony of the dedication of St. John Seminary at the southeast corner of Euclid Avenue and 72nd Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY