Photograph of six Boy Scouts standing in a line at Camp Naish circa 1938. The boys, dressed in uniforms with neckerchiefs, stand in front of a small wood cabin or similar structure in a clearing surrounded by trees.
Johnson County Museum
Promotional postcard from KMBC radio station featuring a photograph of Phil Evans and Tex Owens from 1935. Broadcaster Evans and country singer/songerwriter Evans, known as "The Original Texas Ranger" on his KMBC program, are seated around a KMBC microphone, with Evans holding a guitar and dressed in a suit and cowboy hat.
Photograph of George DeBrabander handling a plow next to a pile of stacked lumber and assembled wooden frames circa 1932. The frames served as raised beds for vegetable farming on DeBrabander's farm at the northwest corner of 75th and Quivira in Shawnee, Kansas.
Photograph of Dr. Mary Myrtle Ozias Hill circa 1925. Hill practiced medicine in Kansas City, and was daughter of Dr. Charles O. Ozias, sister of Dr. Charles R. Ozias, and wife of Dr. Howard Hill. She passed away on December 19, 1947, at St. Joseph Hospital, where both Drs. Hill had practiced, at the age of 61.
Photograph of an elderly woman, identified as Alida Van Keirsbilck, standing with a small herd of cattle circa 1933. The Van Keirsbilck farm was located at 75th and Quivira in Lenexa, Kansas. An open field and several houses or outbuildings are visible in the background of the image.
Photograph of the Patrons Fire & Tornado Association building at 125 South Cherry Street in Olathe, circa 1940. The stone building features an arched roof line bearing the name of the company, and the year 1912, marking its construction, is marked under the arch. Two men, identified as inspectors B. M. Ottaway and Floyd B.
Photograph of Ott's Boys and Girls Band of Olathe Kansas, posed with their instruments, on June 7, 1939. The band, wearing sombreros with ball fringe, is seated in a ballroom at the President Hotel in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, and is performing at the Allied Trades Party at the Associatoin of Operative Millers convention.
Aerial photograph of Lake Quivira looking south across the dam along the length of the lake in 1931 or 1932. The Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse and Crescent Beach are visible on the left side of the image.
Photograph of a car parked along Lakeshore Drive West on the west side of Lake Quivira in 1931 or 1932. Work on the lake and the surrounding area was started by the Quivira Development Company in 1927. The first stages of the project were completed by the early 1930s.
Photograph of the Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse great room in 1931 or 1932. The open room is pictured with multiple large area rugs, sofas, and arm chairs. An arched doorway in the background of the image allows access to the clubhouse dining room. The clubhouse building was completed in 1930.
Interior photograph of the Lake Quivira Country Club dining room in 1931 or 1932. The long narrow room includes wood floors, dark wood tables and chairs, and arched doorways in plastered walls. The clubhouse building was completed in 1930.
Photograph of Crescent Beach at Lake Quivira, looking north along the beach to the Lake Quivira Clubhouse, in 1931 or 1932. The beach and clubhouse opened in 1930 following the construction of the dam which created Lake Quivira.