Kansas Historical Society

Displaying 13 - 24 of 175

Photograph of John's Candy Store in the 1920s, including owner Elias (Louis) Kartsonis on the far left with six unidentified employees. The shop window advertises "Pure Home Made Candies" and other items.

Photograph of the First Annual Picnic of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Heart of America Chapter 73, taking place in Walnut Grove Park in south Kansas City near 103rd St. & State Line Road. AHEPA is social and charitable organization for Greek immigrants and their descendants.

Photograph of the construction of an unidentified elevator near the Missouri River in Kansas City, Kansas.

Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Miss Sue Wornall, the great-great-granddaughter of mission founder Thomas Johnson, poses in front of the monument itself, with Bishop Eugene R.

Photograph of a group of men assembled for the first annual picnic of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Heart of America Chapter No. 73, a social and charitable organization for Greek immigrants and their descendants. The picnic took place in Walnut Grove Park in south Kansas City, Missouri, in July 1926.

Photograph of the exterior of the Wyandotte County Courthouse, located on the northwest corner of 7th Street and Minnesota Avenue, looking northwest from Minnesota Avenue.

Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Julia Stinson, a Shawnee descendent born in 1934 a half-mile east of the site, is being blessed by Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix on the right and Bishop William O. Shepard on the left. Mrs.

Portrait of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Heart of America Chapter 73 including Steve Sakoulas, Louis Kartsonis, and Father Nicholas Speloitis in the 1930s. AHEPA is social and charitable organization for Greek immigrants and their descendants.

Photograph of the construction of an unidentified elevator near the Missouri River in Kansas City, Kansas.

Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Thomas Johnson later relocated the mission to Johnson County. Unidentified men and women are pictured near a tent and American flag.

Photograph of the construction of an unidentified elevator near the Missouri River in Kansas City, Kansas.

Photograph of units of the 137th Infantry of the Kansas National Guard, parading on Memorial Day in Kansas City, Kansas. The soldiers are marching north on 7th Street Trafficway, near the corner of Nebraska Avenue. The First Presbyterian Church and 7th Street M. E. Church are among the buildings in the background.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY