Photograph of the board of trustees for the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation. The members are Rev. John Vasiliades, President Elias S. Sutter, Tony Saffas, Marinos Stathopoulos, Nick Pappas, Theo Tsangares, John A. Agnos, Andrew Lambros, Paul Karzis, George D. Eliopoulos, and Tom Karnezis.
Kansas Historical Society
Photograph of the exterior of the Kansas City Kansan newspaper building, located at the northeast corner of 8th Street and Armstrong Avenue in downtown Kansas City, Kansas, sometime in the 1930s. The newspaper moved into this new facility in 1927.
Photograph of the farmer's market at the northeast corner of 38th and State Street in Kansas City, Kansas.
Photograph of the exterior of the Simon Company plant, a mattress manufactuer, in the Fairfax District of Kansas City, Kansas. The plant opened in 1936 at Fairfax and Eagle (later Sunshine) Roads, west of the Fairfax Airport.
Photograph of a group of men assembled for the first annual picnic of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Heart of America Chapter No. 73, a social and charitable organization for Greek immigrants and their descendants. The picnic took place in Walnut Grove Park in south Kansas City, Missouri, in July 1926.
Undated photograph of Louis Kartsonis,the first foreign-born president of the Naturalization Council of Kansas City Missouri, and Mrs. Maybard Brock, his executive secretary. They are looking at two dolls, one in traditional Greek dress.
Photograph of Brauer School, a one-room school in the Piper area of Wyandotte County, Kansas.
Portrait of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) Heart of America Chapter 73 including Steve Sakoulas, Louis Kartsonis, and Father Nicholas Speloitis in the 1930s. AHEPA is social and charitable organization for Greek immigrants and their descendants.
Chris Harrison in traditional Greek dress for a celebration of Greek Independence Day on March 25, circa 1930s.
Photograph of the construction of an unidentified elevator near the Missouri River in Kansas City, Kansas.
Photograph of John's Candy Store in the 1920s, including owner Elias (Louis) Kartsonis on the far left with six unidentified employees. The shop window advertises "Pure Home Made Candies" and other items.
Photograph of the exterior of the Wyandotte County Courthouse, located on the northwest corner of 7th Street and Minnesota Avenue, looking northwest from Minnesota Avenue.