Circa 1940 photograph with an interior view of kindergarten age children on a jungle gym at Gladstone School. Includes a sheet which identifies each child and provides their address. Miss Marie Casper is listed as the instructor.
Missouri Valley Special Collections, Kansas City Public Library
Photograph of the original Wendell Phillips School, once located at the southeast corner of Vine Street and 24th Street Terrace.
Study comparing the average salaries of white and black teachers in rural Missouri schools from 1933 to 1939. The study finds that for the given years, black teachers receive, on average, 77.7% of what white teachers receive for a salary.
Photograph of Northeast Junior High School, located at on the south side of Thompson Avenue between Chelsea Avenue and Brighton Avenue. This vantage point faces north-northeast on the east side of Chelsea Avenue just north of Independence Avenue.
Photograph with full, street level view of Switzer School, located at 1829 Madison Avenue. It was named for Henry Switzer, Secretary of the Board of Education from 1875 to 1880. This vantage point faces east-northeast from just west of Madison Avenue between 18th Street and 20th Streeet.
Photograph with an interior view of children seated around the library table and viewing an aquarium with their teacher at the Greenwood School kindergarten. The students are all identified on a separate sheet accompanying the photograph. The teacher is identified as Miss Dorothy Tustin.
Photograph of the Kansas City School District Repair Department at 1520 Campbell Street. As of 2017, the building still stands with an addition to its frontage. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Campbell Street just north of 16th Street.
Program for the fifty-third annual convention for the Missouri State Association of Negro Teachers. The convention took place from November 16 - 19, 1938 with most events held at Lincoln High School at the northeast corner of 22nd Street and Woodland Avenue.
Photograph with caption, "Standing in front of the bath house of Karnes School are 135 boys in their first communion class in 1919. Most of the boys attended Karnes." The school was located south of Pacific Street between Missouri Avenue and Independence Avenue and between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.
Photograph of the Swope School, once located at the northeast corner of Cleveland Avenue and 55th Street. It was named after Thomas H. Swope. This vantage point faces northeast from the northeast corner of Cleveland and 55th.
Photograph of children watching a young girl perform an imitation organ in the Scarritt School kindergarten class.
Photograph with an exterior view of a group of students identified as the 1922 graduating class from Scarritt School. Students would have gone on to Northeast High School and graduated in 1926. Students are not identified.