The State Historical Society of Missouri-Kansas City

Displaying 157 - 168 of 287

Smoke clouds arising from Lyle Rock Company quarry, located at 48th Street and Baltimore Avenue.

J. C. Nichols Company salesmen organization, taken on the terrace of the J. C. Nichols home at 1214 W. 55th Street. This vantage point faces north towards the residence from just north of Santa Fe Road (now 55th Street) between State Line Road and Ward Parkway.

Children racing on tricycles at first Country Club District Community Field Day in 1921 on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. Six schools and one kindergarten participated.

Home of Chester C. Smith at 6418 Washington Street. Smith was later president of the Kansas City Power & Light Company (1330 Baltimore Avenue) during the company strike in 1941. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street.

A view of four children on bicycles riding across the ford just west of the intersection of Indian Lane and Mission Drive. The rustic bridge (pictured right) leads down to the road from the club house, known then as the "The Lodge" and once located approximately at 5930 Mission Drive.

J. C. Nichols and his friend, J. Emmett Woodmansee, in an informal pose.

Five children marching and holding American flags for 1923 Field Day parade on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School.

This picnic oven in Indian Hills was a favorite spot of Mr. Nichols, and the family often spent an evening here. Mr.

The J. C. Nichols Company sales office at the southeast corner of 59th Street and Ward Parkway in 1919.

Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company. This vantage point faces northeast on Brookside Boulevard just south of 62nd Terrace.

Maypole dancing and many athletic events planned for the annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces northeast from just east of Pennsylvania Avenue by the track behind the high school.

The restored residence of the missionary at the Shawnee Indian Mission with a child sitting out front. This building is located at the southeastern corner of 52nd Street and Porter Road (now 53rd Street and Mission Road). This vantage point faces south-southeast on present day 53rd Street from just east of Mission Road.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY