Adults and children in costume for the Community Field Day march on Friday, May 14, 1926 on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School.
The State Historical Society of Missouri-Kansas City
Close up exterior view of the Oak Street entrance to the J. C. Nichols School, now known as Académie Lafayette. This building is located at the southeastern corner of Oak Street and 69th Street.
Halloween decorations on the Plaza, showing the shack of the Plaza Witch who would read your future for free. This picture was taken looking south at the southwest corner of Alameda Road and Central Street. This shack was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building. The J. C. Nichols Company Building is shown in the background.
This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard).
In 1925, the J. C. Nichols Company maintained a small sales office in the Stratford Gardens area located at the southeast corner of 61st Street and State Line Road.
Interior of the Spanish-inspired Country Club Plaza Theater. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).
Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C.
This picture was taken looking south at the intersection of Mission Drive, Overhill Road, and Ensley Lane in Mission Hills, Kansas.
This picture of John S. Watkins at the Brookside Shopping District was taken looking northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 63rd Street.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Companies Building was taken looking northeast on Ward Parkway just east of Broadway Boulevard.
The Mission Hills Homes Company was operating a school bus to transport children from the Mission Hills area to the William Cullen Bryant, Sunset Hill, and Country Day Schools in Missouri, there being no grade school available in the area at this time.