The State Historical Society of Missouri-Kansas City

Displaying 277 - 287 of 287

J. C. Nichols and his friend, J. Emmett Woodmansee, in an informal pose.

This picture was taken looking north in the median of Ward Parkway just north of Gregory Boulevard.

Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

This picture of a lily pond was taken looking north on 62nd Street between the two lanes of Ward Parkway. The Country Club Christian Church can be seen in the background to the right.

This picture was taken in the Armour Hills neighborhood looking south-southwest, just north of 65th Street between Morningside Drive and McGee Street.

Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith.

An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street.

This picture of a Country Club Plaza parking lot was taken looking south-southwest from atop the Country Club Plaza Theater at Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Wyandotte Street.

Interior view of Country Club Plaza Theater, showing its staircase, barrel-vaulted ceiling foyer, the Mudejar lighting fixtures in the ceiling, and paired side brackets on the walls, all made in Seville, Spain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Theater was taken looking west-northwest at the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Wyandotte Street.

Exterior of the Sunset Hill School. The school possessed a stage, large auditorium, lunch room, and two primary class rooms. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School. This vantage point faces west near the southwest corner of 50th Street and Wornall Road.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY