Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fourth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by 39th Street to the north, Kansas to the west, south city limits to the south, and Campbell Street and Troost Avenue to the east.
This picture was taken looking northwest just south of the intersection of 71st Street (now Gregory Boulevard) and Wornall Road. In November 1925, a shopping center known as Romanelli Shops was completed at the southwest corner of Wornall Road and 71st Street. These shops included R. L. Fish and Sons Grocers, Mason's Pharmacy, O. D. Stewart Barber Shop, Ambassador Cleaners, and a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store.
An autochrome photograph of tulips, iris and spirea flowers by Herman Schulte's driveway. Schulte was a manager at the Goetz Beer Company. This vantage point faces southwest with the house at 7311 Ward Parkway in the background.