Aerial photograph of Lake Quivira looking south across the dam along the length of the lake in 1931 or 1932. The Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse and Crescent Beach are visible on the left side of the image. Lakeshore Drive traces the edge of the lake. Work on the lake and the surrounding area was started by the Quivira Development Company in 1927. The first stages of the project were completed by the early 1930s.
The defunct Lake Hiwassee in Mission Hills, Kansas was bordered by Indian Lane to the west, Wenonga Road to the east, and 63rd Street to the north. The large concrete dam pictured was been built across Brush Creek at this point. This vantage point faces southwest on 63rd Street, just west of Wenonga Road.