Youth organizations

Displaying 1 - 12 of 18
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of young women, Campfire Girls participants, posed as a group circa 1920. Four girls sit around a fireplace wearing Native American costumes including fringed dresses and feather headbands, while while two others stand against the mantle, visible from the shoulders down. They are gathered in the McShane family home at Johnson Drive and Mastin Street in Merriam, Kansas, and the girl in the middle of the second row is identified as Lois McShane

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of nine young women, Campfire Girls participants, posed as a group circa 1920. Six girls wear Native American costumes including beads and feather headbands, while three wear dark dresses. They are gathered in the McShane family home at Johnson Drive and Mastin Street in Merriam, Kansas, and the girl in the middle of the second row is identified as Lois McShane

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of six young women dressed in Native American costumes circa 1920. The girls, members of the Campfire Girls program, are wear fringed dresses and feather headbands, are crouched on the floor around three candles. They are gathered in the McShane family home at Johnson Drive and Mastin Street in Merriam, Kansas, and the girl at left is identified as Lois McShane.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of six Boy Scouts standing in a line at Camp Naish circa 1938. The boys, dressed in uniforms with neckerchiefs, stand in front of a small wood cabin or similar structure in a clearing surrounded by trees. Camp Naish, properly named the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation, is located northeast of Bonner Springs, Kansas, and was founded in 1926.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of a group of Campfire Girls riding on a hayrack at Schutzel Farm circa 1935. Emil Schutzel II stands at the front of the hayrack, holding the reins of two horses, with his son, Emil Schutzel III at his rear. A group of 13 girls and an adult women sit, stand, and recline across the rest of the hayrack. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of 11 young girls gathered around and feeding a flock of birds on the Schutzel Farm, circa 1935. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960. The girls were participating in the Campfire Girls program. Judy Hawkins is identified as the first girl on the left, Janice Hewitt is 5th from left, and Suzanne Schutzel at the far right.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of H. Roe Bartle, Boy Scout executive and future Kansas City mayor.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Robert Reed, Donald Dunn, and Howard Whelan, three members of Boy Scouts Troop 80. The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act as pictured.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Howard Concannon and Elmer Lines, two members of Boy Scouts Troop 80. The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act of which Concannon and Lines are dressed for.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of members of Boy Scouts Troop 80, taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act as pictured.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Boy Scouts Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli and Joseph Scanlon, Assistant Chief Scout Excecutive. This photograph was taken facing northeast towards the Quincy Avenue entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church during the Corpus Christi Procession on May 30, 1929

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Reverend J. P. Prendergast, Pastor of Holy Cross Parish, with the Boy Scouts of Troop 80 who participated in the Corpus Christi Procession that day on May 30, 1929. This photograph was taken at the Holy Cross Catholic Church looking north towards the leftmost entrance facing St John Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY