Buildings

Displaying 61 - 72 of 500

Swift and Company and Kansas River

Photograph with slide description, "Air view over Swift's plant to Stock Exchange; Kansas City, Mo. (1927)."

Sumner School

Photograph of the Sumner School, once located on west side of Wyoming Street between 9th Street and St. Louis Avenue. It was named for Charles Sumner, American statesman and advocate of rights of African Americans. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Wyoming Street just north of St. Louis Avenue.

Students at Kansas City Teacher's College

Photograph of first grade students working in a garden across the street from the Kansas City Teacher's College. This vantage point faces north-northeast from the south side of 8th Street between Woodland Avenue and Euclid Avenue (this portion of 8th Street is defunct). The southeastern entrance to the Kansas City Teachers College is shown in the background.

Studebaker Riley Company

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the Studebaker Riley Company, located at the southwest corner of 26th Street and Grand Avenue. This vantage point faces west from the northeast corner of 26th and Grand.

Streetcar at 15th and Main

Circa 1925 photograph of a streetcar at the intersection of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces west from the south side of 15th Street, just east of its intersection with Main Street.

Strang Line Station

Photograph of an unidentified Strang Line station in Johnson County, Kansas, circa 1940. The small building features half stone walls and ornate rafter tails, and a car is parked to its side.

Strang Line Power House and Car Barn

Photograph of the Strang Line car barn and power plant in Overland Park, Kansas, circa the 1910s. Five men stand in front of the ivy-covered stone building, and a water tower is pictured in the background of the image. 

Strang Line Car Barn Covered in Ivy

Photograph of the Strang Line car barn and power plant in Overland Park, Kansas, circa the late 1940s. Officially named the Missouri and Kansas Interurban Railway, the Strang Line ceased operations in 1940, and the car barn is shown heavily covered in ivy, with tracks overgrown with weeds in the foreground.

Strang Line Car Barn After Fire

Photograph of the Strang Line Car Barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. The exterior stone walls remain while the interior and roof were destroyed. Railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image, a trolley car stands near the building, and the ground is dusted in snow.

Strang Line Car Barn after Fire

Photograph of the Strang Line car barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. Two men are seen walking through the rubble, and a trolley car is visible in the background of the image between stone columns. 

Strang Line Car

Photograph of a trolley car traveling along the Strang Line interurban railway tracks in the early 1900s. A stone car barn and engine room are visible in the background. 

Strang Land Company Building

Photograph of a Strang Land Company building at 80th and Santa Fe Road in the early 1900s. A man stands at the front of the building. The Strang Land Company was formed by William Strang to subdivide and sell land near his interurban railway line in Johnson County, Kansas. The building was later destroyed by fire.