Churches

Displaying 37 - 48 of 65
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with full street level, exterior view of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Church of God (Holiness) at the northwest corner of Askew Avenue and Victor Street (now 29th Street).

Genre: 
Photographs

Circa 1925 photograph of the Mount Washington Methodist Episcopal Church, South located at the northwest corner of Arlington Avenue and Independence Avenue in present-day Independence, Missouri.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Woodland Avenue Christian Church located at southeast corner of 24th Street and Woodland Avenue. C. E. Croggett is listed on back the back of the photograph as pastor.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Meyer Boulevard Evangelical Church located at the southwest corner of Meyer Boulevard and Rockhill Road. It was known later as the Trinity Evangelical Church. This vantage point faces southeast from the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Charlotte Street and Rockhill Road.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary Church (left) and the parochial school (right). This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Campbell Street and Missouri Avenue.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Bishop Edwin V. O'Hara celebrating Mass with the congregation of Holy Rosary Catholic Church.

Genre: 
Photographs

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY