Circa 1940 photograph of buyers and sellers at the outdoor stalls of the Farmers' Market in the City Market. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the Muehlebach Brewery in the far right background.
Circa 1925 photograph of the Sunset Hill Line streetcar bridge over Brush Creek. This vantage point faces north up Belleview Avenue towards its intersection with 48th Street in the background.
Circa 1925 photograph of a man posed on top of the Sunset Hill Line streetcar bridge over Brush Creek at Belleview Avenue. This vantage point faces south to where the streetcar joins Ward Parkway in the background.
Photograph of H. H. Trenton Tires and Accessories (right) at the southwest corner of Independence Avenue and Monroe Avenue. The Monark Gasoline and Oil Company (left) is also pictured at the southeast corner of Independence and Monroe. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the northeast corner of Independence and Askew Avenue.
Photograph of participants in the Summer Playground Feeding Program lined up at Mulkey Square Park. This vantage point faces east near the intersection of 13th Street and Belleview Avenue (defunct at this block).
Photograph with interior view of Monsignor Keye's benefit party for orphan children, held in the Little Theater at Municipal Auditorium.
Small pamphlet advertising pediatric medical school programs for African American doctors and nurses at the Mercy-Wheatley Ward for Colored Children at Wheatley Hospital, sponsored by Mercy Hospital for Children.
Pamphlet detailing the social services available from the Italian Mission at 505 Forest Ave., Kansas City, Mo. sponsored by the Central Presbyterian Church since ca. 1893. Includes staff directory, mission history, clubs, and facilities.
Pamphlet describing services and offers statistics at the Italian mission in the Northeast district of Kansas City, Missouri, sponsored by the Presbyterian Church. Includes child welfare station, nursery school, music department, boys work, girls work, religious organizations, daily vacation bible school, and church services.
Photograph of Sally Rand (far left) seated at the head table of a South Central Business Association luncheon. To her left sits association president Orvis A. Sturdy, the Rev. Marion Nelson Waldrip of Troost Avenue Methodist Church, and Dr. Burris Jenkins of the Community Church.
Group portrait of N. Emerson Paton (left), Morris Shankman (holding shovel) and other unidentified South Central Business Association officials at the groundbreaking for the Shankman Building, located at 3119 Troost. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the building at 3109 Troost in the background.
Photograph of unidentified men and women alighting the number 50 Troost streetcar.