The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).
Stores & shops
This picture was taken looking west in the Marie Antoinette Shop, once located at 6231 Brookside Boulevard in the Brookside Shopping District.
This picture was taken looking east-northeast at the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Central Street.
This picture of the Crestwood Shops was taken looking east-southeast on 55th Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street. A crowd of men, women, and children are waiting to see the Easter Bunny.
Martha Washington Candy Shop located at 215 West 47th Street. This vantage point faces south on 47th Street between Wyandotte Street and Central Street.
This picture was taken looking northeast on the Ward Parkway just east of Pennsylvania Avenue.
This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking north-northwest at the intersection of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store. Gas station also pictured.
This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.