Trees

Displaying 13 - 24 of 231

Photograph of the Santa Fe Trail marker located at the southeast corner of Blue Ridge Drive and 66th Street in present-day Raytown, Missouri. This vantage point face southeast with the Rice-Tremonti House in background partially showing. Marker placed by the DAR and the state of Missouri, 1909.

Circa 1940 photograph of the Park Central Hotel located at 300-02 E. Armour Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. Entrance to the building is in view from street level. The structure was built in 1929 and is part of the Armour/Gillham Historic Apartment-Hotel District.

Photograph of men in bathing suits for the Mens "Men's Bathing Beauty Contest" amongst a crowd at W. T. Kemper, Sr.'s annual picnic and barbecue for employees of Commerce Trust Company and associated banks.

Photograph of a group of boys accompanied by adults near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of boys exercising at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of cabins at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of White Hall at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph entitled "Wading Time" in which children play in the water near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of a totem pole dedication at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of the Blue River north of St. John Avenue. The picture was taken looking northeast towards the Missouri Pacific Railroad bridge during a hike to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri.

Architectural rendering of the Jackson County Courthouse in Independence, Missouri, after renovations in 1933. Later known as the Truman Courthouse.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY