Photograph looking west along the south side of 12th Street from just east of Walnut Street. Pennant Cafeteria is pictured in the background.
Photograph looking east along the south side of 12th Street between Walnut Street and Grand Avenue. Palace Clothing Company Building (left) and Regent Theatre (center) is pictured.
Photograph looking west along the south side of 12th Street between Campbell Street and Harrison Street. C. E. Houston Furniture Company is pictured.
Postcard showing the Dixon Hotel that once stood on the southeast corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue.
Postcard of the Glennon Hotel at the northwest corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue. The hotel operated from 1920 to 1930 when it was razed and replaced by the Phillips Hotel. Harry S. Truman and Edward Jacobson operated their haberdashery, Truman & Jacobson, Inc., out of one of the ground floor units of the Glennon Hotel.
Postcard looking east past the intersection of 12th Street and Wyandotte Street. Pictured is the Hotel Stats (left foreground), Hotel Muehlebach (right), and the Gayety Theater (right foreground).
Head and shoulders portrait of Lou Holland; photo autographed and dated Oct. 21, 1938.
Photograph looking north along Baltimore from the southwest corner of 12th and Baltimore. Shows Baltimore Hotel as the Hoover headquarters, outfitted with political decorations for the Republican National Convention.
Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the Muehlebach Hotel; located on the southwest corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue.
Circa 1928 photograph with frontal view of the Newman Theater, located at 1114 Main Street. Marquee says White Desert and Ice Carnival. The Baltimore Shop is next door with Berks next to them. This vantage point faces southwest from the east side of Main Street between Petticoat Lane and 12th Street.
Circa 1923 photograph of the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks posed at the Plantation Grille, Muehlebach Hotel, Kansas City, Missouri. Pictured standing is Carleton Coon and Joe Sanders; seated from left is Kohlman, Nordberg, Estep, Williams, McLean, and J. Thiell.
Photograph of John B. Gage, mayor of Kansas City from 1940 to 1946, seated at his desk with a pen in hand.