Photograph looking northwest towards the Newman Theater and storefronts on the west side of Main Street between 11th Street and 12th Street.
Photograph looking north along Main Street from 12th Street. The Newman Theater is pictured to the left.
Photograph looking south along the east side of Main Street from 10th Street. The Newman Theater and Royal Theater are pictured to the right.
Circa 1928 photograph with frontal view of the Newman Theater, located at 1114 Main Street. Marquee says White Desert and Ice Carnival. The Baltimore Shop is next door with Berks next to them. This vantage point faces southwest from the east side of Main Street between Petticoat Lane and 12th Street.
Photograph of the Coon-Sanders Novelty Orchestra at the Newman Theater performing a skit to accompany Charlie Chaplin's film "The Pilgrim".
Postcard showing the auditorium of Newman Theater, once located on the west side of Main Street between 11th and 12th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Mrs. M. Andrews of Birmingham, Alabama.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1901, Walter Elias Disney moved with his family to Marceline, Missouri, at the age of five. In 1910 or 1911 (sources differ), the Disney family moved to Kansas City, where Walt helped his father and brother deliver Kansas City Star newspapers at 3:30 a.m. Disney and his friends created "Laugh-O-grams," which were very short silent animation clips that complemented feature films at the Newman Theater in Kansas City, and by 1922 he opened his first animation studio on the second floor of the small McConahy Building on 31st Street.