Photograph of Charles Fillmore seated at a desk. Fillmore was co-founder with his wife Myrtle of the Unity School of Christianity.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3
Unity—the name came to Charles suddenly during a meditative state in 1891—was neither a church nor sect, but carried a message that physical health and material wealth were the natural states intended for humanity by God. The Fillmores encouraged unity of all denominations, of science and religion, of God and man, and of people with one another. During the 1920s, the Fillmores extended the reach of their message via the new medium of radio, eventually purchasing station WOQ. Unity also began acquiring land southeast of Kansas City, near Lee’s Summit, Missouri; the tract came to encompass some 1400 acres, later incorporated as a village.
An autochrome photograph of Charles Fillmore seated at Unity Farm (Unity Village).