Kenneth Spencer Research Library at the University of Kansas

Displaying 73 - 84 of 104

Electric Cafe

Photograph of the Electric Cafe on the south side of Rochester Avenue and east of Montgall Avenue. The Heim, Ferd., Brewing Company Bottling Plant (closed 1918, later became Abner-Hood Chemical Company) is shown in the background to the south.

El Campo Del Mexicanos (Mexican Camp) Union Pacific Railroad

Photograph of unidentified railroad workers labeled "El Campo del Mexicanos" - the Union Pacific Railroad Mexican Camp. Railroad jobs brought many Mexican immigrants to Kansas City, Kansas.

Dedication of Totem Pole at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca

Photograph of a totem pole dedication at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.

Curtiss-Wright Flying Service, Fairfax Airport, Kansas City, Kansas

Circa 1930's photograph of six men in white coveralls kneeling in front of a Curtiss-Wright Flying Service single-engine aircraft at the Fairfax Airport in Kansas City, Kansas.

Cornerstone Laying Ceremony for Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building

Photograph of the Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building building committee posed at the cornerstone laying ceremony for the building on November 6, 1921. This vantage point faces south on the south side of Admiral Boulevard between Flora Avenue and Highland Avenue.

Cornerstone Laying Ceremony for Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building

Photograph of two men posed before laying the cornerstone for the Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building on November 6, 1921. This vantage point faces south on the south side of Admiral Boulevard between Flora Avenue and Highland Avenue.

Cornerstone Laying Ceremony for Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building

Photograph of philanthropists posed at the cornerstone laying ceremony for the Boys Hotel Club Memorial Building on November 6, 1921. This vantage point faces south on the south side of Admiral Boulevard between Flora Avenue and Highland Avenue.

Clay Modeling at the Boys Hotel

Photograph of a demonstration of clay modeling at the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Class on Greeting Etiquette at the Boys Hotel

Photograph of four boys attending a class on greeting etiquette in the parlor of the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue. A boy is shown shaking hands with Mrs. White.

Class on Dining Etiquette at the Boys Hotel

Photograph of twelve boys attending a class on dining etiquette in the dining room of the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Class on Dining Etiquette at the Boys Hotel

Photograph of eight boys attending a class on dining etiquette with Mrs. White in the dining room of the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Carpenters at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.