1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary Church (left) and the parochial school (right). This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Campbell Street and Missouri Avenue.
Photograph of the fourth grade class of 1930 at the Holy Cross School. This vantage point faces east towards the southwest entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church.
Photograph of members of Boy Scouts Troop 80. Pictured, back row: Jack Day, Joe O'Connor, Howard Whalen, Donald Dunn; front row: Bud Spaeth, Nick Thoennes, Robert Reed. The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act.
Photograph of James Turgeon, E. F. Spaeth, and Joseph Scanlon, Assistant Scout Executive for the Kansas City Council of the Boy Scouts of America. The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act.
Photograph of the Annunciation CYC softball team in June, 1941. Annunciation parish was located at 2870 Linwood Boulevard.
Letter from the priests of the Holy Rosary Church to Edwin V. O'Hara, Bishop of Kansas City. The priests express concern that affixing boundary lines to Kansas City parishes would be a detriment to the future of the Holy Rosary Church in Columbus Park. They explain that many Italian families living outside of the neighborhood far prefer Holy Rosary as this parish provides spiritual welfare for those most comfortable speaking Italian.
Individulal portrait photographs of the 35 students comprising the Holy Cross School Class of 1938 with lettering by Merritt Powles. Also included is a photograph of Reverend J. P. Prendergast. Students: Rosemary Sanford, Joseph M. Verrone, Lillian DeGhelder, Angelo Pasano, Betty J. Conrick, Paul J. Christman, Mary J. Riley, Irvin C. O'Grady, Irene McElwain, Albert L. Bruch, Rose E. Tuohey, James E. Monahan, Terrance E. VanBuskirk, Mary Fisher, Robert Gorman, William L. Walters, Mary M. McElligott, Robert E. Arndt, Rosalee Palmisano, Bonniebel Kiefer, James Witthar, Bonald V.
Photograph of Redemptorist High School students posed on the front steps of the building facing Linwood Boulevard. Pictured, top row, left to right: Raphael Maddi, Virginia Kelly, Martha Brennan, Mary Alma, Mary Margaret Buckley, Ruth MacDonnell, Frances Natters, Marie Krumm, Mary Ann Gleason, Elizabeth Neville, Teresa Canisan; third row: Margaret Anderson, Mary E.
Photograph of the St. Peter's Church Choir posed outside of the entrance to the original corrugated iron church building, known by the congregation as the "Tin Cathedral". This vantage point faces south on the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.
Photograph of a tug of war event between the male congregation of the Holy Cross Parish and those of the St. Stanislaus Parish.
Photograph of the St. Peter's Church altar during the Silver Jubilee for Monsignor James N. V. McKay, pastor of St. Peter's.
Listing of those affiliated with the Holy Cross Parish, including leaders of the local boys scouts, girl scouts, Ladies Auxilliary Knights of Father Matthews, Ladies Catholic Benevolent Association, Young Ladies Sodality, Holy Cross Choir, St. Vincent de Paul Conference, Married Ladies Society, and Holy Name Society.
Photograph of fifteen members of the St. Aloysius Young Ladies Sodality with toys to be donated in their mission work.
Invitation in English and German to the Golden Jubilee of St. Mary's Altar Society of St. Peter and Pauls Parish on November 7, 1920. The parish was located at the southwest corner of 9th Street and McGee Street, Kansas City, Missouri.
Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students posed around a donation box. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain". Other buildings in Columbus Park can be seen through the windows in the background.
Souvenir of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Sisters of Mercy, Kansas City. Included are photographs of Bishop Thomas F. Lillis, Reverend John P. Prendergast, and other local clergy. Also included is a history of the Sisters of Mercy in Kansas City along with building photographs of the First Convent of Mercy in Kansas City and St. Agnes Academy Chapel. Notable political figures paying compliments include the 12th Ward Democratic Club, 10th Ward Democratic Club, Thomas J. Pendergast, James M. Pendergast, and D. M. Nigro.
Photograph of the St. Aloysius Corpus Christi Procession on June 15, 1941. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the northwest corner of 11th Street and Prospect Avenue.
Photograph of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street just south of 39th Terrace.
Clippings from the Kansas City Post, Catholic Register, The Honor Roll, The Independent, and Kansas City Times concerning the Kansas City boy scouts selected as delegates to the Heart of America world jamboree to Godollo, Hungary in the summer of 1933. Featured in these articles are Edward J. Dillon of Liberty, Missouri and Howard Whalen and Anthony McGraw of Kansas City, Missouri. Whalen and McGraw were the two Catholic boy scouts of the eleven selected from the area. Included are photographs of the Dillon and Whalen.
1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking east with an unpaved Harrison Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street in the foreground and the intersection of Gillis Street and 4th Street in the center background. The four-story building to the right in the far background was located at 1050 East 5th Street.