Search

Displaying 81 - 100 of 287

Portrait of James M. Kemper, Chairman of the Board of Commerce Trust Company.

Date: 
1923

The first unit of Country Club Plaza Triangle Building under construction. This picture was taken looking north-northwest at the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Date: 
1923

Interior of the Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store located in the Country Club Plaza Triangle Building at 210 W. 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
November 15th 1923

This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.

Date: 
1923

This picture was taken looking south on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) toward the intersection of Mill Creek and 47th Street.

Date: 
1923

Small group of children standing near an Easter bunny statue at Crestwood Shops in 1923. This vantage point faces south-southwest on 55th Street towards a coffee shop at 311 East 55th Street in the background.

Date: 
1923

Fountain at Brookwood Road and State Line Road, found by Mr. Nichols while traveling in London. This vantage point faces west on Brookwood Road just west of State Line Road in Mission Hills, Kansas.

Date: 
June 1923

Sheep grazing up and down the hillsides of Mission Hills. The sheep "earned their keep" by clearing the property of weeds.

Date: 
1923

Home of Frank Brown at 1604 W. 59th Street (now designated 2204 W. 59th Street). Brown was an elected member of the Mission Hills Homes Company board of directors. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of Oakwood Road and 59th Street.

Date: 
1923

Interior of Wolferman's Grocery Store at 47th Street and Wyandotte Street in the Country Club Plaza, female shoppers are shown browsing a sweets display.

Date: 
1924

This picture of the Tower Building and Wolferman Building was taken looking north-east at the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Date: 
1924

Wide view of the apartment buildings along Mill Creek Parkway. This photograph was taken looking northwest from atop the Ponce de Leon at 4555 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
1924

This photograph of the Triangle Building was taken looking north on 47th Street between Wyandotte and Central Streets. The second unit had just been completed with the Wymore Hardware Company as the first tenant in the west end of the building.

Date: 
May 1924

This picture was taken looking west on 69th Street just east of Brookside Road and Wornall Road.

Date: 
1924

This picture of a lily pond was taken looking north on 62nd Street between the two lanes of Ward Parkway. The Country Club Christian Church can be seen in the background to the right.

Date: 
1924

Close exterior shot of the marble balustrade once located at the intersection of Ward Parkway and Meyer Boulevard. This vantage point likely faces north-northeast from the northern curve of Meyer Circle at the intersection of Ward Parkway and Meyer Boulevard

Date: 
1924

A dozen boys playing tug-of-war while a Community Field Day crowd watches on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. This vantage point faces east towards Brush Creek and Ward Parkway.

Date: 
1924

The defunct Lake Hiwassee in Mission Hills, Kansas was bordered by Indian Lane to the west, Wenonga Road to the east, and 63rd Street to the north. The large concrete dam pictured was been built across Brush Creek at this point. This vantage point faces southwest on 63rd Street, just west of Wenonga Road.

Date: 
1924

The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

Date: 
1924

Exterior view of the Clarence E. Shepard home at 1426 Stratford Road (now reclassified as 2012 Stratford Road, Mission Hills, Kansas). This vantage point faces north on Stratford Road between State Line Road and High Drive.

Date: 
1924

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY