Photograph of the backyard of the Kittle family house, adjacent to their swimming pool, in Westwood Hills, Kansas, circa 1935. The image shows a table covered by an umbrella and a garden area inside a stone wall, and neighboring houses and garages can be seen in the background of the image.
Photograph of the swimming pool at the rear of the Kittle family home at in Westwood Hills, Kansas, in 1935. A girl in bathing suit and camp stands poised to dive at a corner of the pool, while three other women and girls are in the pool. An ivied stone wall with fireplace surrounds the pool area.
Photograph of the swimming pool at the rear of the Kittle family home at in Westwood Hills, Kansas, in 1935. A woman and two girls in bathing suits and caps are pictured in the pool, with another girl sitting on the edge. A stone wall separates the pool from the Tudor-style house.
Photograph with caption, "The Main Street hump north of 49th Street is high above the playground of the E. C. White School. The picture shows a proposal to cut 6 feet of elevation of Main Street to a grade of 4.18%. This vantage point faces northwest from the north side of 49th Street between Main Street and Walnut Street.
Photograph with caption, "The former brickyard and rock quarry south of Brush Creek and west of Main Street." This vantage point faces south from near the intersection of Wyandotte Street and Ward Parkway and shows annotations labeling Brush Creek and street intersections.
Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.
A color glass plate positive photograph of George Cope's "Rainbow" Garden of peonies, iris, and poppies. This vantage point faces north with Oak Street on the right, Cope's residence in the center background, and the Nelson Gallery of Art (Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art) in the far right background. This property was situated on the west side of Oak Street, just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location. Cope was co-owner of Cope & Sons, a carpentry company.