Clubwomen

Displaying 1 - 9 of 9

Photograph of a group gathered for the Merriam Homemakers Club "Dad's Night" in 1921. The party took place in the home of Lee and Etta Cox. Eight seated women are surrounded by eight men who are seated or standing. The club, initially founded in 1913 as a "mother's club," ended in 2015.

Photograph of five members of the Merriam Homemakers Club in 1936. The women are identified as, from left to right, Mrs. X. O. (Nellie) Meyer, Mrs. Lee (Etta) Cox, Mrs. Abe Peachy, Mrs. Frank Miller, and Mrs. Louis Stark. The women stand in a row near the porch of a house. Mrs.

Photograph of a woman relaxing in a hammock, surrounded by a flock of chickens, at the Schultzel farm circa 1937. The woman, identified as Mrs. Nichols, is dressed in a blouse and skirt, and was visiting the farm as a member of the Broadway Methodist Church of Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of a group of nine women seated near a flock of chickens at the Schultzel Farm circa 1937. The women, part of a Broadway Methodist Church (Kansas City, MO) women's group.

Photograph of members of the East Central Garden Club of Kansas visiting Loose Park in Kansas City, Missouri. Nine women are pictured accompanied by five children. Trees, a pond, and pathways are pictured in the background, and a young girl in the front row holds a camera.

Photograph of members of the East Central Garden Club of Kansas visiting Loose Park in Kansas City, Missouri. Nine women are pictured accompanied by five children. A shelter with attached pergola can be seen in the background of the image.

Photograph of members of the East Central Garden Club of Kansas visiting Loose Park in Kansas City, Missouri. The image shows ten women, some largely obscured, with the park's noted rose garden in the background.

Portrait of Elsie Child (Mrs. H. C. Child), president of the Kansas City Athenaeum 1938-1940. Portrait of Leona Koehler Ryan (Mrs. L. K. Ryan), president of the Kansas City Athenaeum 1940-1942.

Photograph of the Daughters of Penelope group, including Anna Kartsonis, in an unknown location circa 1935. The Daughters of Penelope began in 1929 as a women's organization within the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association made up of Greek immigrants and their descendents.

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY