Economic Boom, Depression, and Recovery

Image Gallery

Photograph with slide description, "Campfire Girls working on uniforms at the Whatsoever Community House, K.C., Mo."

Photograph of a typical single bedroom at the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Henry F. McElroy, Kansas City's first city manager and proponent of the Ten Year Plan.

Photograph of the Jefferson Home for Women and Children, once located to the west and north of the intersection of Garfield Avenue and Minnie Stree

Photograph of the old Jackson County Courthouse in Independence, Missouri, prior to renovations in 1933. Later known as the Truman Courthouse.

Photograph of a demonstration of clay modeling at the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Photograph of four boys attending a class on greeting etiquette in the parlor of the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Fl

Photograph of the Little Sisters of the Poor building, once located on the west side of Highland Avenue between 53rd Street and 54th Street.

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Aerial view of Kansas City's Municipal Airport with the Missouri River and downtown Kansas City, Missouri in the background.

Circa 1930's photograph of six men in white coveralls kneeling in front of a Curtiss-Wright Flying Service single-engine aircraft at the Fairf

Circa 1920 photograph with aerial view of New Richards Field which soon became known as Municipal Airport.

Photograph with slide description: "Selling ice from Salvation Army Penny Ice truck, K.C., Mo." This vantage point faces northeast from t

Photograph of a maid attending to a ward sleeping room at the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Photograph of the Municipal Auditorium and Power and Light Building in the background, taken along 14th Street, Kansas City, Missouri, ca. 1930s.

Photograph of Saint Joseph's Orphan Girls Home, once located at the northwest corner of Karnes Boulevard (now 31st Street) and Pennsylvania Av

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY