Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain".
Catholic Diocese of Kansas City–St. Joseph
First Volume of The Echo, the 1924 student yearbook for St. Agnes Academy, Kansas City Missouri. Included are portrait photographs of academy students and local clergy, individual narratives on the senior, junior, sophomore, and freshman classes, calendar and event programs of the school year, and playground snapshots with captions.
Photograph of pallbearers carrying the body of Monsignor James T. Walsh who erected the Our Lady of Good Counsel Church at 3934 Washington Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Walsh died on November 20, 1925 and was buried three days later.
Souvenir Program on the occasion of the Silver Sacerdotal Jubilee of the Very Reverend Marshall Francis Winne, C. M., Ph. D., Pastor of St. Vincent's Church, Kansas City, Missouri. Included are photographs of Thomas F. Lillis, Marshall Francis Winne, and the interior and exterior of St. Vincent's Church.
Photograph of Reverend J. P. Prendergast, Pastor of Holy Cross Parish, with the Boy Scouts of Troop 80 who participated in the Corpus Christi Procession that day on May 30, 1929. This photograph was taken at the Holy Cross Catholic Church looking north towards the leftmost entrance facing St John Avenue.
Photograph of Monsignor Keyes carrying the Blessed Sacrament back to the chapel at the St. Agnes Academy after a field Mass for the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Sisters of Mercy, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest towards the Hardesty Avenue entrance to the academy.
Photograph of Bishop Edwin V. O'Hara celebrating Mass with the congregation of Holy Rosary Catholic Church.
Letter from Thomas F. Lillis, Bishop of the Kansas City Diocese, to Father Leonard Azcona. Lillis denies Azcona's request to be relieved of teaching at the Our Lady of Guadalupe School.
Program for "Peaceful Valley", a play in three acts by Edward E. Kidder and presented by the Dramatic Club of Holy Cross Parish at the Auditorium Theatre on November 24, 1920. Notable political figures paying compliments include James M. Pendergast and Thomas J. Pendergast.
Photograph of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street just south of 39th Terrace.
Photograph of the Friars' choir at Kirkwood Hall at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. The choir is comprised of members of the local diocese and directed by Reverend Albert Q. Senn, O.F.M. Identified are Senn (front center); Vincent J. O'Flaherty of Redemptorist Church (top row, 3rd from left); James A. Comiskey of St.
Photograph of Reverend Jas P. Nichol, assistant pastor at Holy Cross Parish, and Joseph Scanlon, Assistant Chief Scout Executive. This photograph was taken facing northeast towards the Quincy Avenue entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church during the Corpus Christi Procession on May 30, 1929