Buildings

Displaying 85 - 96 of 500

Southeast Corner of 63rd and Brookside Plaza

Photograph of the southeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Plaza. Parkview Drugstore is pictured.

Southeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph looking east toward businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Southeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph of businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Southard Feed and Milling Company

Circa 1928 drawing showing the full frontal and side view of the Southard Feed and Milling Company plant at 17th Street and Cookson Avenue (Potter Avenue), Kansas City, Missouri.

Sonken-Galamba Corporation

Photograph of an exterior view, including pipe, casing, valves and fittings, of the Sonken-Galamba Corporation at the southeast corner of N. 2nd St. and Lyon Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas in the late 1930s. Sonken-Galamba dealt primarily in metal salvage and smelting.

Simmons Company Plant

Photograph of the exterior of the Simon Company plant, a mattress manufactuer, in the Fairfax District of Kansas City, Kansas. The plant opened in 1936 at Fairfax and Eagle (later Sunshine) Roads, west of the Fairfax Airport.

Signboard Hill

Photograph of looking northeast towards Signboard Hill from atop the Liberty Memorial shaft. The view includes the Journal Post Building, Coca Cola Building, General Hospital, and Hotel Plaza.

Shawnee State Bank, Johnson Drive

Photograph of buildings on the south side of Johnson Drive between Nieman Road and Barton Drive circa 1915. The Shawnee State Bank building, at the corner of Johnson and Nieman, stands at the left side of the image and is partly covered in ivy. Immediately to its west stands a vacant lot, then four more stone one- and two-story buildings. Telephone poles line Johnson Drive, which was known as Main Street at the time of the photo.

Shawnee State Bank on Johnson Drive

Photograph of Johnson Drive, looking west from Nieman Road, in downtown Shawnee circa the 1910s. Two men and a little girl stand outside the Shawnee State Bank building at the left o the photo, with other brick and stone commercial buildings extending down Johnson Drive. An automobile is parked on the street in the background, and utility poles line the street. Bunting and an American flag are mounted on the front of the bank building. The man in the foreground is identifed as Tom Davis, and the young girl, his daughter Helen. The third man is unidentified. 

Shawnee Indian Mission Renovation - North Building

Photograph of the exterior of the Shawnee Indian Mission north building under major reconstruction, with the building's stone foundation visible, and brick walls partially deconstructed. A worker can be seen inside the foreground wall. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.

Shawnee Indian Mission Renovation - North Building

Photograph of the exterior of the Shawnee Indian Mission north building under major reconstruction, with the building's stone foundation visible. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.

Shawnee Indian Mission - West Building

Photograph of the west building on the Shawnee Indian Mission site in Fairway, Kansas, circa 1940. The two-story brick building is covered in ivy prior to restoration. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.