Houses

Displaying 205 - 216 of 272

Henry Coppock House

Photograph of a two-story brick house in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1935. The house was built by Henry Coppock, an early Johnson County settler, in the late 1800s. An automobile is pictured in front of the house, which is surrounded by trees. The later Homestead Country Club occupied land that was once part of Coppock's large farm property. 

Hauser Farm House

Photograph of the Hauser family farmhouse, located at 7100 Johnson Drive, in the early 1900s. Dr. Anton Hauser and his wife Theresa immigrated to the Kansas City area from Austria-Hungary in the 1880s, and later established an 80-acre farm at the northwest corner of 69 Highway and Johnson Drive. The house was demolished in October 1954.

Harris-Kearney House

Circa 1920 photograph with full, front view of the Harris (Kearney) House at its original location at Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces southeast from Westport Avenue just east of Main Street. The house was moved to 40th Street and Baltimore Avenue in 1922.

H. O. Peet on Horseback at Home

Photograph of H. O. (Herbert Orvis) Peet on horseback on the lawn of his home, "Chatteris," in Prairie Village circa 1937. Peet is wearing a dark riding habit and cap on a dark horse. His white two-story colonial style residence stands behind him, surrounded by small trees. The home, near 83rd and Nall, was formerly the George H. Davis farm. Peet began his career with Peet Brothers Soap Company, founded by his grandfather, shortly before it was sold to Colgate & Co. He later founded H. O. Peet and Co. stock brokerage.

Greenway Fields

Two residents, a man and a woman, of Greenway Fields walk near the Rams' Heads, a decorative motif for a trellis over the sidewalk on Valley Road near 62nd Street. This vantage point faces north-northeast on Valley Road south of 62nd Street.

George W. Jensen Home and Farm

Photograph of George W. Jensen's house and dairy farm in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1940. The Tudor-style house, located at 2821 West 75th Street, is pictured with a barn and other outbuildings, along with a parked truck, located to the west. A dusting of snow covers the lawn and bushes, and trees are bare of leaves. Most of the Jensen property was later sold off to the J.C. Nichols Company for residential development. 

Gas station in Fairway, Kansas

Northwest view from the southeast corner of U.S. Route 50 (now Shawnee Mission Parkway) and Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue), showing a gas station.

Garden of Dr. Solon E. Haynes

An autochrome photograph of Dr. Solon E. Haynes's garden, taken from the southwest. Haynes was a Kansas City physician.

Garden of Andrew S. Barada

An autochrome photograph of Andrew S. Barada's garden, taken from the south in the spring of 1933. Barada was president of Barada and Page (Chemicals).

Garden and Pool of May W. Larabee

An autochrome photograph of May W. Larabee's garden and pool, taken from the southeast. Her deceased husband was Fredrick D. Larabee, President, Larabee Milling Company.

Garden and Office Building of Harry E. Clark

An autochrome photograph of Harry E. Clark's garden and office building at 6140 Ward Parkway. Clark was a Kansas City lawyer.

Garden and House of Lester T. Sunderland

An autochrome photograph of Lester T. Sunderlands's garden and residence, taken from the northeast and showing the rear of the house. Sunderland was Chairman of the Ash Grove Lime & Portland Cement Company.