Sheep grazing up and down the hillsides of Mission Hills. The sheep "earned their keep" by clearing the property of weeds.
The State Historical Society of Missouri-Kansas City
Home of Edwin W. Shields at 5110 Cherry Street, completed shortly after World War I. This vantage point faces south-southeast towards the main entrance of the home. This building is now part of the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
A young boy with his bike and dog photographed in front of a Slow - Children street sign erected by the Westwood Homes Association at Westwood Road and Mercier. This vantage point faces north-northwest at the intersection of Mercier Street and Westwood Road.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Company building was taken looking northeast on the north side of Ward Parkway just west of Central Street.
250 year old antique Carrara marble bench from Venice, placed outside the wall surrounding one of the free parking stations, in the park space between the wall and public sidewalk. This vantage point faces north-northeast on Ward Parkway just west of Wyandotte Street.
Maypole dancing and many athletic events planned for the annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces northeast from just east of Pennsylvania Avenue by the track behind the high school.
The restored residence of the missionary at the Shawnee Indian Mission with a child sitting out front. This building is located at the southeastern corner of 52nd Street and Porter Road (now 53rd Street and Mission Road). This vantage point faces south-southeast on present day 53rd Street from just east of Mission Road.
Exterior view of the White Eagle Oil and Refining Company Filling Station at 46th Terrace and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway). A black automobile and one driver are outside the filling station. This picture was taken looking northwest on Mill Creek Parkway just south of 46th Terrace.
Children racing on tricycles at first Country Club District Community Field Day in 1921 on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. Six schools and one kindergarten participated.
Home of Chester C. Smith at 6418 Washington Street. Smith was later president of the Kansas City Power & Light Company (1330 Baltimore Avenue) during the company strike in 1941. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street.
A view of four children on bicycles riding across the ford just west of the intersection of Indian Lane and Mission Drive. The rustic bridge (pictured right) leads down to the road from the club house, known then as the "The Lodge" and once located approximately at 5930 Mission Drive.
J. C. Nichols and his friend, J. Emmett Woodmansee, in an informal pose.