The Mission Hills Homes Company was operating a school bus to transport children from the Mission Hills area to the William Cullen Bryant, Sunset Hill, and Country Day Schools in Missouri, there being no grade school available in the area at this time.
The State Historical Society of Missouri-Kansas City
Romanelli Gardens, the northeast portion of the Armour Farm, just west of Wornall Road and south of 67th Street, has been added to the developing section of the Country Club District. This vantage point faces north-northeast at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and 68th Terrace were this fountain was once located.
Six white columns stand erect in a park at Locust Street and Cherry Street, the structure patterned after the columns on the campus at the University of Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast at the intersection of Locust and Cherry, one block north of 54th Street.
Men, mules, and machines constructing the Country Club District.
The restored residence of the missionary at the Shawnee Indian Mission. This building is located at the southeastern corner of 52nd Street and Porter Road (now 53rd Street and Mission Road). This vantage point faces southeast on present day 53rd Street from just east of mission Road.
The Ruhr Dairy located just west of Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and south of 54th Street. 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.
An early picture of the Mission Hills Country Club House, once located in Kansas City, Missouri. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces southeast on State Line Road just south of Brush Creek.
The Wornall Homestead Homes Association Annual Dinner on March 15, 1938.
This picture was taken looking southwest at the intersection of Troost Avenue and 63rd Street. The pictured shopping center opened in October 1927.
Around the corner view of a neighborhood found in the then-new Fairway housing development. The name was chosen because of the development's proximity to three golf courses. This vantage point faces south down Fairway Road from the intersection of U.S. Route 50 (now Shawnee Mission Parkway) and Fairway Road.
An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1925, looking north-northwest near Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.
This picture of the Plaza Dog Mart was taken looking west-northwest from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building. Country Club Plaza merchants sponsored a dog mart where people interested in buying a dog could see and inspect many breeds of dog. This dog mart was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building.